Cowhide Cove campground on Lake Greeson is the perfect place to relax, do some fishing, and sit around the campfire enjoying the view.
They call it Cowhide Cove because this campground is known for the cows that run wild through the campsites at night.
They are particularly fond of s’mores, so grip those graham crackers tight!
Ok, not really.
We don’t know why it’s called Cowhide Cove but what we do know is that it’s one of the best places to camp in Arkansas!
If you’ve never camped on Lake Greeson, you’re in for a real treat. This Arkansas lake is absolutely beautiful and it’s a great place to go fishing or try some water sports.
I’ve done both here.
I’ve caught my fair share of crappie on Lake Greeson and I’ve done ninety to nothin’ on a jet ski.
Let me just say, both were amazing!
Lake Greeson: From Little Rock, AR, 60 miles south on I-30 to AR 26. Then, 37 miles west to Murfreesboro, then 6 miles north on AR 27. –source
About Cowhide Cove
Cowhide Cove is a small campground on beautiful Lake Greeson. The views from this campground do not disappoint!
- 48 campsites with electric hookups
-campsites include ground grills, pedestal grills, picnic tables, and lantern poles
- 2 tent-only campsites with no electric
- hot showers
- boat ramp
- dump station
- swimming beach
Cowhide Cove location
Ark. 27 North
Murfreesboro AR 71958
34.174° N, 93.669° W
Things to Do Near Cowhide Cove
- [BEST] Crappie Fishing in Arkansas
- Hidden Beauty in Arkansas: Little Missouri Falls
- Best Places to Camp and Ride ORV in Arkansas
- AMAZING Mena Arkansas ATV Trails
- 13 [EPIC] Arkansas Swimming Holes that you WON’T want to miss!
- Ancient Volcano in Arkansas: Crater of Diamonds State Park
- Mauney’s House: Diamond-Sized Secrets