I got this camping logbook for my husband on Father’s Day. We do a lot of camping and we were wanting a camping log book to record our adventures.
I didn’t do a lot of searching online before I decided on this one. I didn’t want it to be complicated but I also didn’t want a blank journal.
This one had everything I wanted and the price was perfect!
My Favorite Features of The Camping Logbook
I especially love the plaid on the cover. It makes the logbook look very “outdoorsy” to me. Like a comfortable plaid shirt you would wear on a fall hike.
This camping logbook has all the space you need to record your adventures. You can organize your adventures to make it easy to read later when you want to see how much fun you’ve had over the past year or so.
So, What is a camping logbook?
A camping logbook is simply a place to write down what you did on your camping trips.
It has a place to write:
- where you came from
- where you went
- routes to avoid
- location of your destination
- sites along the way
- the campground and location
- why you went to this location
- the number of your campsite
- campsites to try for next time
- whether your site had water or electric
- favorite attractions and events
- things to avoid next time
- traveling companions
- who you met
- things to remember next time (places to eat, hikes, gear to replace…).
How do you use the camping logbook?
Just record your trip and everything about it. It really has a place for everything so you won’t miss a memory!
What do you put in a camping note / picture page?
This is a common question because people seem to get stumped by the blank page that accompanies each “log page.”
On the notes/picture page, you could write campsites you liked or tape a photo of your trip there. It’s really just a blank page to write whatever you want. You could also tape your hang tag there as well (which is what we do).
camping Logbook Specs
- Guided fill-in pages prompt you to write in such pertinent details as location, date, notable amenities and attractions, who shared the trip, who you met, favorite events, and things to avoid next time.
- There’s also space for extra notes and photos.
- Inside back cover pocket holds notes, camp business cards, mementos, and more.
- Sturdy hardcover binding.
- Appealing buffalo check cover design.
- Elastic band attached to back cover keeps your place or keeps logbook closed.
- 6-1/4 inches wide by 8-1/4 inches high.
- 160 pages.
I absolutely love this book so I decided to pull the Amazon customer reviews. It has a 4.8 star rating with over 4,500 reviews.
Here are what a few people have to say about it:
- I was initially skeptical of the purchase since there are very few pictures of the actual product, but I am pleasantly surprised. There is space for information about 78 camping trips – likes and dislikes, information about the campground, what site you were in, etc.
- The design is better than I could see in the photo—there is a gold detail and embossing on the cover, back and spine.
- This is a super cute little book, and I do like the guided prompts compared to what other Camping Journals give you.
About Peter Pauper Press
Besides the quality of the book, I also loved the story behind it.
For nearly 100 years, it has been the mission of Peter Pauper Press to create fine books and gifts that sold “at prices even a pauper could afford.”
Started in 1928 by a young Peter Beilenson, who was later joined by his wife, Edna, Peter Pauper Press is remarkable in that, as a leading twenty-first century publishing company, it remains family owned and operated.source
Other Things You Will Like
Before you head out on your camping adventure, be sure to pick up a few of our favorite things:
[HONEST REVIEW] Coghlan’s Camp Fork
[REVIEW] Reliance Flow Pro Portable Shower
Favorite Camping Gear for Our 7×14 Cargo Trailer Conversion